Yardville Heights PTA
Monthly Meeting Minutes: November 2018
14 November 2018 / YHS Media Center
Call to order at 6:35 p.m.
Corresponding Secretary Notes—no report
Recording Secretary—October meeting minutes approved
- Kara and Jennifer Vecchiolla suggested adding minutes to PTA website. Emily will share with Kris Anne; Suggestion to add Facebook post with highlights from the meeting
- Kara acknowledged how well we’re doing compared to just a few years ago, when the account was in the negative. What a huge difference!
School Updates with Mr. S:
- 11/15–College shirt day
- 11/16–Teacher Swap
- 11/21–Grandparents Day
- 11/30–Movie night
- 11/30–5th Grade to trip to Grice for Band/Orchestra recruitment
YHS/Yardville/Sunnybrae working on a grant to communicate with National Space Station! And expanding networking and collaborative opportunities with other township schools
Aside—Kara thanked everyone for an amazing Tricky Tray. Already looking into Grice cafeteria for next year. Start collecting quart soup containers for ticket receptacles!
5th Grade Committee–Anne S.
- Booked and made deposits for trip
- Krispy Kreme donuts fundraiser in February
- Kris Anne suggested scanning the gift card order form to share on FB
Family Dinner Nights–
- Friday, 11/16 at Amari’s starting at noon–9 p.m.; profit will go back to school for indoor recess activities
- PTA needs someone to chair this committee: book dinner nights with restaurant and make or get flyer for organization–EMILY VOLUNTEERED
Dinner & A Movie–
- Friday 11/30; Tanya Pruitt and Mr. S volunteered to chair
- Dinner 6–6:30 (Husky Snack Shack)
- Movie choices?
- Need volunteers for AirGrams
- Pre-order AirGrams; send order forms home on Friday
- Discussed what events need flair? Concerts/music flair, Dr. Seuss Week, Bucket-fillers, reading flair, ice skating, variety show, fun run.
Box Tops–Brian and Larissa are submitting this month.
- December PTA meeting (12/5) is a dinner out; venue suggestions?
- Seasons of the Home family week: 20 percent off sales 12/9–15; profits will go back to school for indoor recess activities
- Holiday Shop–Anne
- Pictures with Santa–Marianne and Suzie. Date TBD.
- Laser Light Show–12/19 special assembly
- LASER LIGHT SHOW STICKERS; need 300 mailing labels
Meeting adjourned at 7:31 p.m.